To put the above information in context; the fuselage of this aircraft was noted stored in a hangar at Whiteright, TX as far back as 2003. It was registered to Michael C. Vinther of Whiteright 28-Oct-2008 and noted in the same condition at the National Aerotech facility in Hampton, GA in Oct-2009 and Oct-2010. The registration N719AS was cancelled 18-Oct-2012, although it was placed on hold through 2016. By May-2013, the rebuild was well underway, with the cockpit section of MSN 510 having been fitted, and by the end of the month the aircraft was structurally complete and noted outside. The plan was to have the aircraft completed and flyable by Aug-2013.
588 - DHC-6-300 C-FBBW Kenn Borek Air Ltd., Calgary, AB
- Calgary, AB (CYYC/YYC) - Williston, ND (KISN/ISN)
- Williston, ND (KISN/ISN) - Spencer, IA (KSPW/SPW)
- Spencer, IA (KSPW/SPW) - Cape Girardeau, MO (KCGI/CGI)
- Cape Girardeau, MO (KCGI/CGI) - Albany-SW Georgia Regional, GA (KABY/ABY)
- Albany-SW Georgia Regional, GA (KABY/ABY) - Ft. Lauderdale-Executive, FL (KFXE/FXE)
- Ft. Lauderdale-Executive, FL (KFXE/FXE) - Nassau, Bahamas (MYNN/NAS)
- Nassau, Bahamas (MYNN/NAS) - Providenciales, Turks & Caicos (MBPV/PLS)
- Providenciales, Turks & Caicos (MBPV/PLS) - San Juan-Marin Int'l. (TJSJ/SJU)
C-FBBW has completed a good portion of its trip to the Saint Maarten in the last 72 hours. This aircraft had returned to Calgary from lease to Seaborne Airlines in late Mar-2013.
706 - DHC-6-300 P2-KSI Hevilift, Waigani
- Cairns, QLD (YBCS/CNS) - Port Moresby-Jackson (AYPY/POM)
As seen in the photo below, P2-KSI has now departed the Hevilift facility in Cairns on return to Papua New Guinea. The aircraft had been present in Australia since 28-Jun-2013.
|MSN 706 - DHC-6-300 P2-KSI|
Cairns, QLD 22-Aug-2013
FNQ Skies Photo
884 - DHC-6-400 C-FVAM Viking Air Ltd., Sidney, BC
Although there was a flight planned filed for positioning down to the paint shop in Spokane yesterday it appears as though it never became active. It's possible the plan appeared a day early, as more often than not the "send to paint" day has been Friday, not Thursday.